Friday, May 8, 2009

Food, Glorious Food


















I was going to name this post: "Okay, It's been waaayyy too long", but I saw the last post kindda had that same flavor, so...forgive the delay. But I will be blogging atleast three times a week and posting photos too, cause really, what's a post without a photo?

Just some updates before I get to the fun stuff: Our lunch menu is FINALLY online! We will also feature one random specialty sandwich or salad every Saturday under the name: Shenandoah. And just a heads up, I'm feeling pesto-y for tomorrow's Shenandoah.

Now on to Food, Glorious Food!! We have new eggs and they glow! They are organic from a farm in Hazelwood, MO, (I know, I was thinking the same thing!) and the shells are beautiful--some are purple/blue/green/brown...just spectacular! At my next pick-up I'll take a picture of the chicks roaming free (as they should) eating their organic feed. It's a sight to see.

If you haven't heard, we re-vamped our Royal Red Velvet Cupcake. It's now called Red Hot Red Velvet, and the cake is soooo tender it should be illegal! It came to me in a dream. Yes, I dream about this deliciousness, so you know this cake is special. I wasn't happy with the old red velvet even though people seemed to enjoy it; I didn't, and I knew I could do better. So be good to yourself and give this cupcake a try.

Now, onto another sweet treat. We have this bar called "The Best Ever Pecan Bar!" (yes, that is what we call it : ) cause that's what it is. Big ups to Matthew Rice over at Niche/Veruca Bakeshop for telling me the source of his pecan bars. I took that source, embellished it a tad and now have, once again, The Best Ever Pecan Bar! Take a look.
We have a new cookie too--sorry, no photo yet, but you really don't want to look at a picture of this cookie. It's ridiculously scrumptous. Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing the Brookie! Part brownie part cookie (get it, Brookie?) It's Kryptonite to dieters...cannot be resisted. DO yourself a favor and come get one. And for all my VEGAN buddies, we will have Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies and VEGAN Chocolate Cupcakes Saturday May 9th. Also, does anyone know any good recipes for RAW desserts? I'm getting curious about RAW cookies (dates & pecans??) or RAW cupcakes (carrot??) Email me if you have any you love.
Last, but never least, my baby boy B. Some of you see him in the shop as though he owns the place. B will be 4 this month. I refer to him as my third baby and Cbabi refers to him as our LAST baby. Either way, he is sweeter than tender chocolate cake covered in ganache. They grow so fast...first they're soothing new budding teeth with teething biscuits, and the next thing you know they're covered in buttercream. Kiss your babies, everybody! Kiss 'em everyday until they just can't stand it...then kiss 'em some more!

grace & peace,

reine

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Reine! Did you see this gorgeous raw strawberry "cheesecake" from the PPK blog? http://theppk.com/blog/2009/05/05/raw-strawberry-cheesecake/

SweetArt said...

Thank you, Lisa! I'm definitely going to try it...and I'll blog about the outcome.