Monday, April 12, 2010

To-Fish Sandwiches

I wish I had taken a picture...but I made to-fish sandwiches yesterday as a guilty pleasure. I will post the recipe...and a picture sooner than later. I say guilty pleasure because I fried them in canola oil. Hmmmmmmmm, they were so good and crispy because of the "double batter" my mom used to do. I took some flour and seasoned it with Old Bay Seasoning, salt, dried dill, kelp, onion and garlic powder, and pepper. I dipped these amazingly thin sliced tofu sheets I found at Jay International Market on Grand in my area in the flour mixture, then dipped them in plain soy milk, then dipped them in panko bread crumbs and fried those babies up!

Enjoyed them on a toasted bun with mixed greens, onion, tomato...next time I'm going to make a creole sauce to go with it...this time was ketchup.

No comments: